Sunday, March 30, 2008

"I saw God today..."


Yet another favorite song of mine. The title says it all.

Have I seen God today? Yes, I have.

I saw Him in my youngest child's eyes in the pre-dawn hours, she was blazing with fever and just wanted the comfort of her mommy's arms.
I saw Him this morning as I watched my older children happily heading off to church, their hair sopping wet from the snow pouring down...plenty of smiles to go around.
I saw Him today when my next to youngest asked, once again, if she could say the blessing on the food...I heard Him as well...as she said the prayer, earnestly trying to pronounce the words right.
I saw Him in the surprise Spring snowfall we woke up to this morning.

I'm pretty sure I will see Him many more times today...and I am willing to bet several times tomorrow...and if I am looking...the day after that.

I don't think seeing God is just about viewing the beautiful world that surrounds us...I think it is about the perspective that we choose to view it from.

3 comments:

Gerb said...

I love it, Trish.

I see God everyday, although some days I need to look harder than others due to my own attitudes and failings.

Laura said...

Trish---I found your comment on Kacy's blog--It's me--Laura B--from Activity Days glory! AND..I live three houses down from Katrina! (Small world!)

Beautiful photos (no surprise!)

Trish said...

Gerb-I definitely think we all have those days...probably more often then not.

Yolanda-so is this your code name? ;)
I left a comment on your blog but hopefully you'll see this one too. We miss your fun spirit around here these days...we need you back!!