Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Ahh...those were the days.


My older two kids are going to hell (gasp)...and apparently, I am driving the bus.

Some may say I am a defacer...a vandalizer...a disrespector of shrubs and bushes...call me what you will...I take no offense. I was, once upon a time, the queen of toilet papering (with a few other "queens" in tow). And it appears that the time has come to pass along the torch.

Now understand, I feel no shame in this...I quite relish the official-ness of it all. I take great pride in passing along my tricks of the trade, so to speak. I will even go so far as to drive the get away car if necessary...that is, as long as I am home, tucked into bed by 9:30...otherwise they're on their own. :)

No, I am not just trying to be the "cool mom"...although that does have a nice ring to it. Nor am I just trying to live vicariously through my kids (that one is probably a lie). I am just trying to teach my kids that there is more fun to be had than sitting in front of the boob tube or doing whatever else it is that kids are doing these days. And if you think about it...it is an art form, really...so I guess one could say I am encouraging them to use their creative minds and at the same time exposing them to all things cultural.

The nostalgia of it all warms my heart. This is a memory every kid should carry with them. (Even us big kids)

It is harmless fun after all...isn't it mom? :)

4 comments:

Gerb said...

That brought a little flutter to my heart... maybe we should do a "reunion" run? Can you see us now, laughing our heads off as we attempt to outrun those we've TP'd?

It would have to be an elderly couple for me to get away. And even then, it's a maybe.

Trish said...

But then I would feel totally bad for the elderly couple having to clean it up. A house with teenagers for sure...you and I could just sit in the car and egg our kids on. :)

Laura said...

Oh...I wish we could have hung out together in High School...The fun we would of had...The Charmain that would have been wasted...

Carrie Ann said...

You are so funny. Your kids are lucky. I was one of those kids who felt guilty both times I went TPing (yes, it was only twice!). You have good kids so why not pass on your legacy?

I am excited that you are a blogger!