Monday, March 17, 2008

"It's gonna be okay..."


"What is gonna be okay?", you ask.

Inquiring minds want to know! I was reminded of an "incident" tonight that will forever be seared into my brain. So I figure, why not share it with the rest of the blogging world?

Before I share this story I must first post a disclaimer...

Remember, I started this blog to keep a journal...journals are important...one needs to write things down that are important to be shared with future generations. If you take offense that I put this story in writing...well... I just don't know what to tell ya! :) Moving right along...

All of my children are unique. They all have many different qualities that I find endearing. The subject in this story says many interesting things...let's just say she is a little more "unique" than those around her at times.

One afternoon, I was walking down the hall toward my bedroom. The bathroom of course is right next door to my bedroom. I hear talking coming from the bathroom...not unusual...but this time I stop to listen...and this is what I hear...

{grunt}"It's gonna be okay..." {grunt}..."It's gonna be okay..." {grunt}. Now understand, this went on for a good minute or two. I had to brace myself and literally cover my mouth and bite my tongue to keep from absolutely falling to the floor and howling with laughter. When she was finished, I heard a flush, then washing of the hands(miracle in itself), and then the door opened up and my littlest bug Gracie was staring up at me with the sparkle in her eyes and her happy grin and she says, "Hi Mommy" like all was now well with the world.

She has found her calling in life...look for her in twenty years on an Infomercial near you...she will be a motivational speaker like no other...I'm sure of it!!

5 comments:

Gerb said...

Man, do I love a good bathroom story! Your kids crack me up.

Jenna said...

That was hilarious trish. Sounds way too familiar... I'm glad we can keep in touch this way. It was good to hear from you.
Jenna

ablackman said...

Once she's added rythmatic breathing to the process, plus about 20 years, she'll be ready to make you a grandma.

Trish said...

Allen-I can hardly type I am luaghing so hard!!!

Trish said...

Jenna-so glad you stopped by! I'll be checking your blog often! :)

Gerb-The sad part is...there are so many more where this story came from!