Thursday, May 15, 2008

I can tell you what we WON'T be doing on Memorial Day weekend

I pulled into the driveway today (I seem to be doing a lot of that lately) and the kids come tearing around the corner from the back yard saying "Mom you gotta come look at this!!"
So I follow them around back and up the deck to check out what they are so excited about...I open the BBQ and find this...


It seems incredible that this little production has been taking place right on our own back deck with the rest of us none the wiser. Of course I warned pain of death into the kids that they can't touch the eggs or the nest...I hope we haven't done too much damage already by opening the BBQ.
The small feeling of excitement I felt made me feel like one of the kids. I have to say...I think Someone upstairs knew I needed a special pick me up this week. I can't wait to see how this one turns out.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Trish, this is COOL. I hope that if everything goes back to normal in there, you will post something about how they all take off one day. What a neat post!
Jules

Trish said...

Jules- I totally promise an email very soon...I haven't forgotten!!!!!

As for the birds...so far so good. We've seen the momma bird fly back several times into the BBQ and the one egg that had started to hatch and died has been removed...I think we are going to in for a real treat. And of course I will post updates!

Major draw back though...we are going to have to go back to using our "smoky joe" bbq as we grill a lot around here in the summer and I have no idea how long they will take up residence. :)

Krysta said...

That is really cool, actually! I hope they all make it!